The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp is proud to be a fully accredited member of the Ontario Camping Association, which monitors our commitment to high standards of quality in camping.
We have a very experienced and dedicated team whose goal it is to ensure your child(ren) have the same impactful and memorable camp experiences that we once did. Read our biographies below to find out a little more about our leadership team.
PROSSERMAN JCC AND SCHWARTZ/REISMAN VISION
Inspiring people to live the Jewish life they want to live
JCC AND SCHWARTZ/REISMAN MISSION
The Prosserman JCC and Schwartz/Reisman Centre fosters and enriches Jewish identity and builds community through:
- Health and wellness
- Recreation, education and culture
- Social experiences
- A strong connection to Israel
- We welcome everyone and share the richness and traditions
- Jewish culture with the community at large.
THE JACK AND PAT KAY CENTRE CAMP SUMMER PHILOSOPHY
As a team, we strive to create an atmosphere of adventure, creativity, friendship and unity within a safe and secure Jewish camp environment. We provide every camper and staff member with a sense of community, unforgettable memories and a connection to the state of Israel that lasts a lifetime.
Our engaging, fun, enthusiastic and dynamic program is designed to ensure everyone is successful.
We work together with our families and other skilled professionals to offer every child a unique summer experience. We are committed to create a safe, enthusiastic, and creative environment in order to promote each camper’s growth, independence and self-confidence.
Our goal is to offer all campers a safe, exciting and integrated summer experience. The level of support for each camper will be determined based on their individual needs and may change depending on the activity and time of the day.
The Camp Inclusion Program Team will offer:
- An initial assessment in order to make an informed decision if our camp is the right fit for the applicant. During the assessment process we may need to consult with other professionals, teachers, therapists, etc. to gain insight on each camper’s background
- Adaptive and modified programs based on the camper specific needs.
- Special training for our entire staff team
- Ongoing communication with the family.
- Full time Behavioural Specialist on the senior summer staff team
If 1:1 support is necessary, the camp team will be involved to find the best fit for the camper to ensure he/she is integrated as fully as possible. He/She will guide and facilitate social interaction and participation. Please contact the camp directly for fees, 416.636.CAMP or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to announce that Karina Klier-Bogomolsky the Head of Inclusion Services at The Schwartz/Reisman Centre, will be working together with us in our efforts to ensure a meaningful and positive experience for every camper. Karina is a Registered Psychotherapist, member of the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario. She holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology as well as a Postgraduate Certificate in Autism and Behavioural Science.
- The day begins with the singing of Hatikvah
- Unit wide oneg Shabbat programming every Friday
- Israeli staff (Shlichim) are employed to enhance our connections to and knowledge of Israel
- Our Israeli culture specialties offer our campers a taste of Israeli art, music, dance, food, language and more!
- The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp is led by camping veterans who understand the importance and value of each child’s experience.
- The leadership team consists of numerous teachers, early childhood education workers, child and youth workers, social workers and a registered nurse.
- Thorough interview process to ensure staff possess the skills and attitude that reflect our high standards and values.
- Mandatory staff training sessions to review the complex daily needs of camp, our campers and their families.
- Staff coached on how to be supportive, caring and compassionate mentors for our campers and are taught how to recognize the specific needs of individual campers of all ages.