- SESSION A:
- Week 1: June 29 - July 3
(Camp is open on Wednesday July 1 - Canada Day)
- Week 2: July 6 - July 10
- SESSION B:
- Week 3: July 13 - July 17
- Week 4: July 20 - July 24
- SESSION C:
- Week 5: July 27 - July 31
- Week 6: August 4 - August 7
(No Camp on Monday August 3 - Civic Holiday)
- SESSION D:
- Week 7: August 10 - August 14
- Week 8: August 17 - August 21
|Apply to Register by December 2, 2019|
|2 Weeks – $1,071.00|
|9 Days – $941.00 (Session C Only)|
|4 Weeks – $2,047.00|
|6 Weeks – $2,818.00|
|8 Weeks – $3,259 – BEST VALUE!|
|Apply to Register between December 3, 2019 – March 2, 2020|
|2 Weeks – $1,118.00|
|9 Days – $988.00 (Session C Only)|
|4 Weeks – $2,140.00|
|6 Weeks – $2,957.00|
|8 Weeks – $3,439 – BEST VALUE!|
|Apply to Register March 3, 2020 and Onward|
|2 Weeks – $1,195|
|9 Days – $1,065 (Session C Only)|
|4 Weeks – $2,295|
|6 Weeks – $3,189|
|8 Weeks – $3,759 – BEST VALUE!|
Specialty Camps include: Cooking Camp, LEGO Camp, Horseback Riding Camp, and Fitness Camp.
An additional fee will apply for each 2-week specialty camp ($200.00 for Cooking, $150.00 for LEGO, $500.00 for Horseback Riding, and $100.00 for Fitness).
- Sibling discount: 5% off for the second child, 35% off for the third and subsequent children.
- No HST on camp fees!
- Towel service included.
- All campers receive 2020 camp SWAG!
- NEW FOR 2020: Alumni Discount: 2.5% off per family who’s parent(s) attended Centre Camp as a staff member for at least one summer (and have a photo to share with us).
- Digital cabin photo (monthly).
- Lunch program (additional cost) | Daily kosher and nut-free options available.
PLEASE NOTE FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE...READ MORE
*Please note, fees are subject to change without notice. Should there be a price error online, the final camp fee will be adjusted by the camp office manually.
^9 Day fee is reserved for families registered for only a 2 week program (Session C).
SUMMER SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
CAMP REFUND POLICY
Camp Refund Policy
Cancellations can only be made in writing prior to May 1, 2020, in which case fees will be refunded less a $250.00 cancellation fee per camper.
There will be no refunds/credits whatsoever for any cancellations after May 1, 2020. There will be no refunds for days missed at camp for any reason. However, in the event of accident or injury prior to or during the session, The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp may entertain a written request (accompanied by a doctor’s note) for a 50% credit of the remainder of the registered period if the child is unable to return to camp.
Program fees for Winter Break, March Break and Passover Break camps are non-refundable after December 2, 2019 (Winter Break) and February 3, 2020 (March Break and Passover Break). All break camp fees include a $50.00 non-refundable administrative charge.
CAMPER AND PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Camper and Parent Code of Conduct
AS A CAMPER I WILL…
- Recognize I am a part of the Centre Camp and JCC community. I will respect the environment, peers, staff and Jewish practices and customs that are part of the program.
- Treat people the way I would like to be treated. I will be inclusive and kind to others.
- Cooperate with camp staff and follow their instructions. This includes rules and regulations put forth by general and specialty counselling staff.
- Help keep the camp and surrounding environment clean and put all litter in the garbage cans.
- Stay with my Counsellors at all time.
- Talk to someone if I feel unsafe.
- Have lots of FUN, a positive attitude, and always try to have a GREAT time.
- Recognize the importance of ‘relational responsibility’ and ensure to always positively and intentionally manage my relational responsibility in a way that helps and supports creating a positive experience for those around me. I will therefore be aware of and manage my attitude, body language, tones, and expression in a way that makes others feel welcomed rather than excluded, and makes others feel positively encouraged rather than being negatively impacted.
AS A CAMPER I WILL NOT…
- Be mean, bully, exclude or put down other campers or staff on or off camp property. I will NEVER hit, threaten, intimidate, inappropriately touch, or even gently touch another camper that has not provided explicit consent for me to do so.
- Violate the camp’s zero tolerance policy around drugs (including marijuana), alcohol, smoking, vaping or any prohibited act or substance as defined by both law and camp regulations.
- Deliberately hurt anybody’s feelings. Including pulling pranks on others which could cause someone to feel offended or unsafe or that might result in retaliatory action which could lead to injury or property damage.
- Use foul, inappropriate, or abusive language (this includes language of a sexually explicit nature).
- Behave in a way at camp or at school, through social media or otherwise, that is abusive, harassing, inappropriate or that goes against the spirit of this Agreement with respect to other campers, staff, or members of our community.
Page 1 of 2
I understand that if I am having trouble following this code of conduct, the following could happen:
- I may have a meeting with my Counsellor, Unit Head or one of the Camp Assistant Directors or the Camp Director.
- A staff member might call my parents to discuss my behaviour.
- I may be given, or be asked to carry out, a suitable consequence to be decided by camp staff. (Examples of consequences include but are not limited to: writing an apology letter, missing activities, losing privileges, being sent home from camp early, not being allowed to attend or return to camp, etc).
- If my behavior is hurtful to myself, others or camp or JCC property, I will likely be sent home immediately.
Furthermore, I explicitly understand that there is often no ‘hard evidence’ in matters relating to relational responsibility, bullying or similar areas of conduct. Nonetheless, I trust and accept the camp to make determinations on these matters and accept the judgment of the camp and any related consequences included, but not limited to, dismissal from camp.
As a parent and/or guardian, I am fully committed to this Code of Conduct and agree to its content. In addition, I will always treat the camp and the staff with respect regardless of circumstances or challenges that may arise. If I fail to meet this expectation, it will be deemed to reflect a failure to trust the camp and its staff. Therefore, I understand that my child(ren) may be sent home from camp and/or not be accepted back to camp as the case may be. I will also disclose any and all information as requested and implied in the medical form including medical, psychological and socio-emotional issues or concerns past or present. I also understand that comments or complaints are to be directed to the camp’s professional staff.
By applying to register, the camper(s) and family agree to abide by the Camper and Parent Code of Conduct. If you have any questions about our Camper and Parent Code of Conduct, please contact Evan Roth (the Camp Director) at 416-636-2267 or by email at [email protected].
Last updated: October 2019
CAMPER REFERRAL PROGRAM
We are happy to continue our Camper Referral Program for the summer 2020 season! Help us spread the word about our great camp program and allow even more children to experience the magic of the Jewish camp experience. We want to reward you for helping to grow our camp family!
For every brand new camper who registers for SUMMER 2020 because of YOU, you will receive a $50.00 credit toward your camp fees for the following summer (Break Camps or Summer 2021). That is $50.00 per NEW camper you refer – which could add up to great savings in addition to our camp promotions.
In order to be eligible for the Camper Referral Program the following steps need to be taken:
- Brand new camp family must write your name as their “referral source” on the Camper Application when asked “How did you hear about us?”
- You must have at least one camper registered in camp for a minimum of two weeks and complete your camp session with us in its entirety.
- The referred new camper must also complete their minimum two-week sessions enrolled in camp with no cancellation.
- The referred camper(s) must be brand new to The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp and have never been a part of our programs, including, but not limited to, Summer, Winter, March Break, Passover camps and/or PJ Library Goes To Camp prior to their summer 2020 registration.*
After completion of the summer, our team will manually add in your referral bonus(es) to your family account. Credits will be made visible on your camp myaccount as of Registration Launch 2021. Credits cannot be transferred to another camp family. There is no cash value for the camp referral bonus(es). The camper must be a full paying camper. Referral credit will not be awarded if the camper has won camp through a raffle/draw.
If you or any brand new perspective camp families have any questions about this awesome, initiative please don’t hesitate to contact us at 416.636.CAMP (2267) or [email protected].
Program may be modified or terminated, without notice by The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp.
1:1 SUPPORT INFORMATION AND FEES
If 1:1 support is necessary, the camp team will be involved to find the best fit for the camper. The 1:1 support will guide and facilitate a positive and authentic social experience.
1:1 Support Fees
$300.00 per week if CAMP provides 1:1 staff support
$200.00 per summer if Camp provides support to 1:1 staff member hired by the family
SUMMER TRANSPORTATION and EXTENDED HOURS PROGRAM
Door-to-Door Bus Service: Choose the convenience of daily home pickup and drop off.
$100.00/week if registered by Mach 31, 2020 or $120.00/week if registered by April 30, 2019. No Door-to-Door service requests will be taken after April 30, 2020.
Family rate: If you have multiple children, the family price is $180.00/week if registered by Mach 31, 2020 or $200.00/week if registered by April 30, 2019.
Depot Bus Service: Choose among 20+ convenient locations throughout the GTA and York Region –
“All you can ride pass” has a flat fee of $36.00 per camper per week if registered by March 31, 2020 or $45.00 per camper per week if registered after, regardless of your duration at camp.
Extended Hours: For those families that need a little more time in the morning or the afternoon,
The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp offers 7:30-9:00 a.m. ($8.00/day) and 4:00-6:00 p.m. ($13.00/day).
|Winter Camp 2019/20|
|Week 1 – $360.00|
|Week 2 – $360.00|
|Week 1 & 2 – $700.00|
|March Break 2020|
|1 Week – $450.00|
|Passover Camp 2020|
|5 days – $380.00|
BREAK CAMP 2020 DATES
- Winter Break Camp
- Week 1: December 23 - December 27 (no camp December 25)
- Week 2: December 30 - January 3 (no camp January 1)
- March Break Camp
- March 16 to March 20
- Passover Camp
- April 6, 7, 8, 13, and 14