- Full Summer: Weeks 1 to 8 | July 4th – August 25th, 2023
- First Month: Weeks 1 to 4 | July 4th – July 28th, 2023
- Second Month: Weeks 5 to 8 | July 31st – August 25th, 2023
- Month Plus: Weeks 1 to 6 | July 4th – August 11th, 2023 or
Weeks 3 to 8 | July 17th – August 25th, 2023
Subject to program type and availability
Campers must be registered for a minimum of 2 consecutive weeks at designated session start dates:
July 4, 2023
July 17, 2023
July 31, 2023
August 14, 2023
Please note that camp is closed on Monday July 3, 2023 for Canada Day and Monday August 7, 2023 for the Civic Holiday. On the last day of camp, Friday August 25, 2023, camp will come to an end at 2:00 PM (Extended Hours available until 3:00 PM).
|Register between November 7, 2022 – January 31, 2023|
|Half Month (2 weeks) – $1,245.00|
|9 Days – $1,095.00
*for 2 week sessions with Civic Holidays
|First or Second Month (4 weeks) – $2,395.00|
|Month Plus (6 weeks) – $3,245.00|
|Full Summer – $3,695.00 (8 weeks) – BEST VALUE!|
|Register February 1, 2023 and Onward|
|Half Month (2 weeks) – $1,345.00|
|9 Days – $1,195.00
*for 2 week sessions with Civic Holidays
|First or Second Month (4 weeks) – $2,595.00|
|Month Plus (6 weeks) – $3,545.00|
|Full Summer (8 weeks) – $4,195.00 – BEST VALUE!|
SUMMER TRANSPORTATION and EXTENDED HOURS CARE
Door-to-Door Bus Service: Choose the convenience of daily home pickup and drop off.
$100.00/week/camper. No Door-to-Door service requests will be taken after March 31, 2023.
Family rate: If you have 2+ children, the family price is $200.00/week/family.
Depot Bus Service: Choose from a selection convenient locations throughout Toronto and Vaughan –
$50.00 per week per camper. Family Rate: $100.00 per week per family for families with 2+ children.
Extended Hours: For those families that need a little more time in the morning or the afternoon,
we offer an extended program from 7:30-9:00 AM ($10.00/day) and 4:00-6:00 PM ($15.00/day). Afternoon Extended Hours ends at 5:00 PM on Fridays ($10.00/day), and there is Extended Hours on August 25, 2023 until 3:00 PM.
DISCOUNTS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Sibling Discount: 5% off for the second child, 35% off for the third and subsequent children.
- Daily towel service is back!
- No HST on camp fees.
- All campers receive camp swag!
- Alumni Discount: 5% off per family who’s parent(s) attended Centre Camp as a staff member for at least one summer (and have a photo to share with us).
- Lunch program (additional cost) – Daily kosher and nut-free options available.
PLEASE NOTE FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE...READ MORE
*Please note, fees are subject to change without notice. Should there be a price error online, the final camp fee will be adjusted by the camp office manually.
^9 Day fee is reserved for families registered for only a 2 week program (Session A or C).
SUMMER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
In order to apply for financial assistance, you must register first. You will be asked while registering if you are in need of financial assistance at which point we will provide more information on the process. Please contact the camp office for more information.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Missed Days: There are absolutely no refunds for missed days of camp due to short-term illness (including COVID-19) or injuries under 5 days. However, in the event of illness or injury prior to or during the session resulting in 5 or more days absent from camp, The Camp Director may entertain a written request accompanied by a mandatory Doctor’s note for a 50% credit of the missed days.
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Cancelling at Your Own Discretion: If you cancel any or all camp sessions by March 31, 2023, fees will be fully refundable including the deposit. If you cancel any or all camp sessions between March 31, 2023 and May 1, 2023 all camp fees will be refunded minus the $250.00 deposit per camper. If you cancel any or all camp sessions following May 1, 2023, there will be no refund of the deposit or camp fees. To be clear, if you cancel any sessions between March 31 – May 1, 2023, you will be refunded for the cancelled session minus $250.00. If you cancel any session following May 1, 2023, there are no refunds.
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Missed Days if the Schwartz/Reisman Centre or Prosserman JCC Closes Operations: In the event the Schwartz/Reisman Centre or the Prosserman JCC makes the decision to not operate camp programs, all camp fees and refunds will be refunded in full. If camp closes operations mid-way through an active session, the pro-rated amount of missed camp days will be refunded. Spots (placements in camp programs) cannot be placed on hold or reserved without the payment of a deposit. Unless the camp makes the decision to close or the camp is forced to close operations, there will be no refunds for days missed at camp for any reason.
Updated: October 2022
CAMPER AND PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
- Respect the environment, peers, staff and Jewish practices and customs that are part of the program.
- Treat people the way they would like to be treated.
- Be inclusive and kind to others.
- Cooperate with camp staff and follow their instructions. This includes rules and regulations put forth by all camp staff.
- Always stay with their Counsellors.
- Talk to someone if they feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
- Be aware of and manage their attitude, body language, tones, and expression in a way that makes others feel welcomed rather than excluded.
- Be disrespectful, bully, exclude, or put down other campers or staff on or off camp property. They will not hit, threaten, intimidate, inappropriately touch, or even gently touch another camper that has not provided explicit consent for them to do so.
- Violate the camp’s zero tolerance policy around drugs (including marijuana), alcohol, smoking, vaping or any prohibited act or substance as defined by both law and camp regulations.
- Deliberately hurt anybody’s feelings, including pulling pranks on others which could cause someone to feel offended or unsafe or that might result in retaliatory action which could lead to injury or property damage.
- Use foul, inappropriate, or abusive language (this includes language of a sexually explicit nature).
- Behave in a way at camp or through social media or otherwise, that is abusive, harassing, inappropriate or that goes against the spirit of this agreement with respect to other campers, staff, or members of our community.
Campers must understand that if they are having trouble following this code of conduct, the following could happen:
- They may have a meeting with their Counselor, Unit Head, a member of our Leadership Team, or the Camp Director.
- A staff member might call their parents/guardians to discuss their behaviour.
- They may be given, or be asked to carry out, a suitable consequence to be decided by camp staff. Examples of consequences include but are not limited to: writing an apology letter, missing activities, losing privileges, being sent home from camp early at the parents/guardians responsibility, not being allowed to attend or return to camp, etc.
- If their behaviour is hurtful to themselves, others, or camp property, they will likely be sent home that same day or as soon as possible thereafter at the parents/guardians responsibility.
- Explicitly understand that there is often no ‘hard evidence’ in matters relating to relational responsibility, bullying, or similar areas of conduct. Nonetheless, you trust and accept the camp to make determinations on these matters and accept the judgment of the camp and any related consequences included, but not limited to, dismissal from camp.
- Understand there are no entitlements to refunds of any kind if a camper is sent home for behavioral reasons.
- Will always treat the camp and the staff with respect regardless of circumstances or challenges that may arise. If you fail to meet this expectation, it will be deemed to reflect a failure to trust the camp and its staff. Therefore, you understand that your child(ren) may be sent home from camp and/or not be accepted back to camp as the case may be. You also understand that comments or complaints are to be directed to the camp’s professional staff.
Program may be modified or terminated, without notice by The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp.
1:1 SUPPORT INFORMATION
If 1:1 support is necessary, the camp team will be involved to find the best fit for the camper. The 1:1 support will guide and facilitate a positive and authentic social experience. For more information, please reach out to our Inclusion Services Manager, Karina Klier, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-303-1821 ext. 3042.